Onslaught of Georgia updates...
Georgia is getting her 7th tooth....third on the bottom. I have to remember to write in her baby book what people say when they see her all her teeth. Today someone said she looked like a lion! Oh me, oh my. I'm just glad to know why there were nighttime tears for three nights!
She is really really walking now. Room to room. Up and down the hall. It's crazy funny to watch her toddle. It's still iffy in public places because she'll get distracted and prefer to crawl. I took her to see Noah and let her push a cart all around the garden center...guess that's why they have the bar down there....for a 2 foot person?!? She was quite proud of herself and it was great to wear her out for a evening nap!
Noah has taken to calling her Maciver for her curious destruction. She has learned how to by-pass the child safety latches at the sitter's in order to knock down pots and pans and play. I was holding her in Red Robin showing her the wall flair and she reached out and took off a plastic cover and was trying to get to the wires underneath. I put it back and turned around to see Noah laughing...just so proud of his baby girl. I told my mom that I really should have thought children through a bit more given what I knew about my brother and what I have heard about Noah as a youngster...
She has also learned to shake her head and say no. That I'm going to credit to the boys at the sitter's because she didn't learn that at home! It appears randomly but we have to stop ourselves from laughing!
Tomorrow we start Baby & Me swim lessons. It was supposed to be Baby & Daddy swimming, but it just hasn't worked out for his schedule. So yes, the mama who much prefers to be beside the pool sunning or on a raft on top of the water is going to the parent attempting water fun instead of the part-fish parent who spent a great deal of his high school career in a pool. I don't even need to mention how excited I am to get in a swim suit on January 17th.
I'll leave you with this video of Georgia eating. She finally turned her nose up at something (bleu cheese crumbles) but obviously thoroughly enjoys eating. At this sitting she ate for an entire hour...much of it feeding herself finger foods!
1 comment:
Oh Courtney! You do have your hands full and I am joining you in all of it! Our Shannon is just as adventurous and I'm partially dreading when she can walk. She too loves to eat and hasn't frowned at anything-just gobbles it up. Enjoy the pool. It sounds like a BLAST!
Post a Comment