April 29, 2010

Normal!

Our blog has been rather quiet the last few months. We've been on a journey of hope and waiting that has been blessed despite the emotional and mental challenges we faced.

In January we discovered we were having a baby! The joy of a new life was so exciting and deeply precious to us after last year's loss. But, as we've come to discover in the last three years of our lives, pregnancy is a process that asks we balance much....hope with waiting, wondering with positive thinking, and gratefulness with acceptance.

From February 1st until just this week I have had to be diligent about doing very little physically. Tuesday was one of our happiest and greatest days as a couple and a family. After three months of couch sitting (not quite bed rest but being down nevertheless) of believing and, yes, some muddling through and trying to take one day at a time, we heard the news that our baby is perfectly healthy and thriving and that the placenta subchrionic hematoma that was such a concern to the baby's ability to develop is completely HEALED. Praise the Lord!!


The doctor has reclassified the pregnancy as NORMAL (don't worry Noah assured me this was the only thing the doctor claimed about me that was normal) and I've been released to resume all normal activities. Gradually.

I took Georgia to the toy library yesterday 'by self' (as she would say) and I'm so excited to do normal things like grocery shopping, vacuuming, going to story time, and taking her to the park!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you--near and far--who have held us in your hearts, helping us in ways big and small, praying for us, and reminding us that we are loved! A very very special thank you for those who helped take care of G. Taking care of her was my biggest worry but I have watched her GROW and BLOSSOM in your love and attention! We are so grateful!

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce the new member of Team Gusy, due to arrive in late September...a boy!
 
Yes, I know he looks like his Daddy! But I'm good with that....he'll be so handsome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney, On my goodness, i am not sure if you wll get this, i have been looking for a way to fin you!!! You have been on my heart and in my prayers so strongly the last several months....if you get this or i suppose remember me hehe sorry This Pamela Lewis from mops in beaverton!!! EMAIL ME! clsweetpea@gmail.com