My sweet son, you are 5 months old!
Your disposition is sunny and funny. You love balloons, balls, and blowing raspberries. I love to tickle you and hear you laugh. I can't get enough of your gummy smiles.
It is true you are starting to look like Daddy. I turned you around at church and a friend said, "WOW! He looks just like Noah!" More and more. We are unsure what to think about your strawberry blonde hair especially after your sister's was black!
You started rolling tummy to back at about 4 1/2 months and right at 5 months, back to tummy. And you've not stopped rolling since. Already you are starting to understand you can keep rolling in the same direction and get where you want. But I know you want to crawl. You try to get those chubby legs up under you and get frustrated you cannot go. Your daddy would say, "Patience, Grasshopper."
I have sweet potato, avocado, prune, and banana cubes in rotation for you. You won't eat cereal fixed with formula and formula hidden with a food cube seems to upset your tummy. You will only take about 1 oz. of milk from a bottle and you won't drink formula. Despite starting pureed foods, you are now eating MORE at night. Usually 3-4 times. And you'd prefer to snuggle with me all night instead of sleep in your bed, so there are times I don't get much sleep. There are days I think, "Ahh! What am I going to do with you, my big eater!?" but then you smile and laugh and I am reminded not to stress; we'll get it figured out eventually.
This is an off month for a well-baby check-up, so I'm not sure what you weigh or how long you are now. Looking at your pictures I think you are beginning to thin out. Not for lacking of appetite, mind you! We are venturing into 12 month clothes. I long for warm weather to take you outside for walks each day, trips to the park, and give you the freedom to play with your toes all the time. I am sad when I have to put your feet in footed pj's because you so love to play with those little piggies. Putting socks on is getting old; you just take them off and stuff them in your mouth!
Separation anxiety is off and on, but better. One week they brought you to me in the 3 year old classroom because you were crying so much it was upsetting the other babies. The next week you did fantastic and even napped. But always when you are passed into my arms, the tears stop, the smiles start, and the person who passed you says, "Stinker!" Those who have never experienced this see you coo and laugh, and say they have a hard time believing my stories of separation anxiety.
Grammy is taking care of you a few hours each week so I can get things done while Sister is at school. You are doing very well staying with her and loving her company now. She deserves it after listening to a lot of your screaming! She always just shrugged her shoulders and said, "I knew he wasn't upset with me, he was just upset I wasn't Mama."
You love your sister so much. You two are starting to interact more and it is the best entertainment I could watch. I love that you look at her with adoration and joy and laugh when she tries to make you laugh. She'll keep you on your toes as you get bigger, but I am also starting to see that you will hold your own! Case in point: hair grabbing.
I treasure the moments I see your daddy loving you. He is so proud of you. He will teach you many things and always be your best bud.
We're going to make mistakes, we're not going to be perfect parents, but we love you with all our hearts and are striving to raise you to know and love Jesus!
March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment