The baby Judah is disappearing and the little boy Judah is appearing before my very eyes. His very being--namely those thick thighs and big feet--declares toddlerhood, independence, exploration, experimentation, and pride!
The one thing I hear over and over about him is that he is such a happy baby. And he is. Big grins, big blue eyes, and big flirty personality. BIG flirty. I am almost embarrassed at his pretend bashfulness to elicit additional attention.
We have lots and lots of oh.my.word.child moments. There are moments every day I want to pull my hair out at his constant pushing of the safety boundaries and I seriously struggle to get things done, but he is just infectious joy. I can hardly be mad. Well, sometimes I am mad-amazed. He is so physically adept and resourceful!
He is very affectionate. There is about nothing that makes me happier than when he crawls over to me just to crawl into my lap. I get lots of hugs around the neck and he has this funny monkey habit of wrapping his feet around my waist and squeezing while doing so. I did have to put in a call to the doctor when he was deliberately biting my arm or shoulder. I thought he was doing it to everyone, but my mom and Noah shook their heads no. Only Mama?! The doctor said it is his way of showing affection. I do tend to smother him in kisses, so he may think more is better!
For all he's learned to do, I wish his big sister had not shown him how to flush the toilet. He loves to do it, so I'm trying to teach him to do it only when asked. Yeah, right. We keep the door closed and if he happens to be around when someone needs to flush, I ask him to do and wisk him outta there quick.
The boy is exceedingly vocal. I thought he'd talk less because he is a boy, but hanging out with a very verbal mama and a very verbal big sister is leading to a very verbal young man. It never ever gets old to him say "Gor-ga" and I do love his rants of protest. He's also quite the repeater including "love you" "all done" and even once "five o'clock."
One morning, after Noah had been gone all the day before, he woke up, saw his daddy, and said "Hi Daddy." Noah and I turned to each other and laughed so hard! There really isn't anything better than sharing a moment like that with the man I love, have spent ten years with, and share babies with.
Seems like Judah still wakes up once or twice a night to be sure we're still here. A quick hand touch and he's out again. Crying it out is just a bad, bad plan for this guy. I'm certain he could do it, and he did do it once last week when I was in the shower, but he popped up at the smallest sound because he didn't go to sleep with assurance. Georgia grew out of this need (though the fears of the dark are bringing them back!) and I think in the next few months he'll declare his toddlerpendence on this. I'm ready.
He is quite a reader and, of course, that makes this mama about burst at the seams. He will seek out books, page through books, and enjoys quiet time alone reading. I love catching him reading. I think what I feel must be like a carpenter seeing his son hold a hammer!
We had a play date with our Community Group (aka Sunday School class) at church and there, amongst the many children vying for toys, Judah learned the magic of declaring a toy was being stolen from him. He would yelp and look to an adult for back-up. He absolutely loved the little Playland and I think when he is officially big enough to be in a class that visits it each service, I think he'll be more obliging to stay in Sunday School.
Judah is eating more and more table foods. He is now a champ bottle drinker. He loves milk and gets VERY upset if he sees someone drinking milk or what he thinks is milk--he was furious at the sight of the ranch dressing bottle!
It's laughable how often the boy blows out a diaper. Georgia has termed these "poop outs." It doesn't seem to matter the diaper or size, or even how quickly we jump to change him. All I can think is velocity.
His bottom two teeth are in, top two teeth in too, and the incisors are working through. Makes the grins all the more great.
I honestly don't even remember taking this picture.
I don't know what happen to the bear.
He's holding gripe water and its syringe.
Just focus on how big he is getting!
No comments:
Post a Comment