July 31, 2012

One More...Child!

I haven't blogged since last September! My last post was titled One More. It was the AWANA theme for the year and you can read how it hit my heart in such a real way. Remember I told the Lord we would do One More, Operation Christmas Child boxes, that is.

Little did I know there was one more in my future.

One more child, that is.

On my lap sleeping so peacefully is my 5 week old baby daughter Anna Elin. My eyes just well up in tears as I look at her absolutely sweet face and listen to her perfect little baby noises.

When I last blogged we were about to celebrate Judah's first birthday. I thought we were done having babies. It hadn't been an easy four years of baby making and baking, and after being on bedrest the first trimester and praying for his life, we felt like we were incredibly blessed with a son and a daughter. We had the best of both!

But God knew our family wasn't yet complete.

He gave me a really big heads up about that. I kindly told Him I wasn't interested! I had the world, remember? It happened on a Sunday morning at church when a dear older lady I had neither seen nor conversed with began telling me about her last born. She hadn't been excited to be expecting her fourth and explained her feelings why, then she looked straight into my eyes and stated, "Our home would not have known the joy it did if it weren't for that child."

I walked away thinking hmm...she just dove into that one-sided conversation with a complete stranger and that really doesn't seem to be a in passing Sunday morning topic. I asked Noah later that day, "Do you ever get the feeling God is preparing you for something to come and you just want to tell Him 'no thanks.'?"

Yet I had the audacity to be completely and utterly SHOCKED a month later when my husband (who never knew the topic or details of that conversation) asked me if I knew I was pregnant, and I was.

Shocked. Me, who had known the previous five times long before a pregnancy test could prove it, had to be told and did need a pregnancy test to believe it.

I'll share more of Anna's story later. She, like my other two children, is a miracle and evidence of a Great Creator and Sustainer.

With our one more here now, I cannot thank God enough for her. I cannot thank Him enough for giving us a child who already has brought incredible new joy to our home.

No comments: