May 31, 2009

15 Things We Love About You!

Georgia Elyse is now 15 months old! Pretty soon we'll stop counting months and be counting years! This week we took her for her Well Child visit. The doctor told us she is obviously happy, healthy, and advanced for her age. (She followed up that with, "But you knew that, right?" Of course! But I have parents tell me that the time about their kids so I wouldn't be so bold to say it myself!)
She has always been at the 90th percentile for height, but is slimming down to the 50th percentile for weight. Tall and thin...would anybody have guessed that?
She asked us to count up how many words she says so we started rattling them off: duck, dog, quack, milk, walk, bye-bye, mama, daddy, car, up, diaper, potty, uh-oh. She'll repeat what we say too: chicken, tortilla, keys, tiger. I swear yesterday she asked me "what's this?" It seems unbelievable how much more she understands than says. Definitely time to mind our p's and q's!
So to celebrate this milestone............here is our little list of 15 things we love about Georgia!
1. Finding piles of your favorite things--currently your pull frog, stuffed tigers, and keys
2. Watching you watch the world in wonder and awe--every day you learn something new!
3. Observing you develop new skills--running is a hoot (you go side to side and zig zag forward!)
4. We get to be YOUR mom and dad forever--what an incredible responsibility and joy!
5. The little girl in you shows more and more--you've been called charming!
6. You selflessly take some of Daddy's teasing so Mama gets a break--I was showing him your new hair growing in and he put a bag clip in your hair as a barrette :) 7. You never stop surprising us! I got down to take pictures of you on the floor and you decided I'd make a good climbing toy!
8. You have such a curious and independent spirit. You decided to do Wii Fit after watching us--pushing us off so you could have a chance!
9. You always want to practice your skills. I had to dump out my drink and fill it with water so you could drink out of a straw.
10. You are nothing if not determined. You decided you could fit in a shoebox and you worked at it until you did! Do you think they'd accept you as an Operation Christmas Child box? 11. You might be the most adorable thing to ever wake up! Forgive me for snapping such a picture, but I want to remember it forever!
12. You are always on the move and have your arms full--it is so cute!
13. The long awaited curls have arrived!!!!
14. You have a geninue desire to please us and be a part of everything. You help Daddy water the plants, help Mama with the laundry, throw away trash, and clean your tray.
15. This journey of life is all the more rich, sweet, and joyful because of you. Every parent surely feels this incredible welling in their hearts when they think of their child, and we are grateful to experience it when we think of you! We love you, Baby Girl!!!

1 comment:

The Enslow Family said...

Sweet little post. I enjoyed it and think that Georgia gets prettier and more grown-up every day. Thanks for sharing!