May 18, 2009

Just GO!

This was the sight out of Georgia's window yesterday afternoon. A power substation had caught on fire. I didn't hear it, but noticed the black smoke as I was talking to my mom--just after I noticed the power was out. I decided we should probably just go spend a little while at Opa's until thing calmed down.

So here's my suffering a small emergency advice. If you need to go, just GO! The baby can have a dirty diaper. Don't stop to take a picture to send your mama later. The longer you linger, the harder it is to get away. By the time I got us out of here, the traffic and emergency vehicles and spectators were making things scarily chaotic. I saw people being rather self-serving in their decisions.

My advice for a big emergency is to just hunker down and stay put!

No comments: