We first traveled to West Des Moines and Nana's house. Nana made one of her great feasts and we got see some of Opa's family. Georgia played with her cousins Shaylie and Celina and then loved on their mama, Jackie. Jackie and Noah are 1st cousins.
Then to just trace the family lineage...Noah's dad (Don) and Jackie's dad (Ron) are twins and seated together on the left side of the table. Ron's son, Jordan, is by the door and his son-in-law, Mike, is on the right. Mike is Jackie's husband and daddy to Shaylie and Celina. Got all that? Good! Moving on to Nana's family.
I have no pictures from the Kansas City celebration of Benny and Kristen's 30th Anniversary party : ( It was hot out and the backyard was packed and I couldn't let Georgia down safely. She wanted to get in the pool and would have been in it 5 seconds flat if her feet had hit the concrete! She has no fear of the water! Sadly, we had to take off early. We'll be back for the 35th and come prepared to swim!
Up next is Rock Port and my grandparents' house. Georgia spent most of the day naked and eating and swifting! I know Georgia live and animated is a great joy to them!
A trip to KC is no trip unless we make it to the Fagans' for some catching up. Susie is my 2nd cousin once removed, but we just like to keep it close and so we are all cousins or aunt/uncle. This helps eliminate confusion...for the most part. Conrad did ask his mom if Noah would be his uncle when we got married!
I remember when Riley and Conrad were Georgia's age and it makes me feel OLD to see them play with MY baby!
After a brief stint in Kansas City, we headed to Springfield to see Noah's sister Noelle and her new baby girl, Sierra Elizabeth. She is just the sweetest baby. I loved seeing her little legs and toes and arms. Having had a winter baby, I didn't see those things except at bath time!
We were there over 4th of July. Nana bought Adi and Georgia matching outfits and little Sierra completed the red-white-and blue ensemble with a coordinating outfit. They were adorable. But no I didn't get a picture of it!! Noelle, can you help me out??
We also got to see Noah's aunt and her family as well as Noah's maternal grandparents. They really really REALLY wish we'd move closer. They love seeing Noelle's girls regularly since they live on a few blocks away!
After Springfield we went back to Grammy's and did lots of rocking in the rocking chairs and wrestling with BIG Elmo. We got to see my brother and his wife and all the work they've done on their house. I'm pretty sure any positive flucuation in Lowe's stock in the last two years has been thanks to these two!
We also spent a LOT of time at Aunt Kelley Marie's while in KC. It was the one place I could let Georgia out of my sight! Her little girl, Kendall, is the spitting image of her mama and both of them are gracious hostesses. Did I get any pictures of them sharing crackers, coloring, playing, or hugging? No. KM, and digital proof of this?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment