July 22, 2009

Where HAVE we been?

My blogging has fallen to the wayside. I figured most of you who follow us had caught a glimpse of us while on our trip to MO and surely that would suffice for awhile!

I haven't even finished downloading my pictures from the trip! I'll get that done and share them, but since I've decided I will for sure slurp our blog into a keepsake book, and it's time to get back at it.


Since we've returned...we are just loving summery life. I feel like a ton of stress has been lifted from my shoulders now that school is done and a return to work date in late August isn't looming over me. I am grateful from my toes to my nose (yes, I stole that from a book...) that I get to be home with Georgia this next year.


It makes me laugh and shake my head to think that Noah contemplated being a stay-at-home-dad and I was sure I wanted to work; now he is sure he wants to work and I am sure I want to be at home! I was telling my grandma about this and she said, "Oh, I knew you'd want to be home with that little girl." I said, "Grandma, why didn't you tell me that?" She just shook her head and replied, "Some things you just have to figure out for yourself." Guess so!


As a new SAHM (that's stay at home mom if you aren't acronymn-ed up) I was sure we needed to get going on a schedule and routine, but now I've come to the conclusion that it is SUMMER! and we can use these warm months to work toward figuring out what "normal" is for us come fall. I feel even more relaxed and happy now that's decided!

So we are catching up with friends, scheduling play dates, hitting the pool, checking out local attractions, sleeping in, cooking fresh foods from the farmer's market, and playing like we're getting paid to!

No comments: