I'm afraid she won't. She's alternatively attached to and emotionally explosive about clothes. It's why she's wearing her pajamas from last night again at 3 pm. Cause she knows them. They are friends. The ladybug costume is a stranger.
I should have seen this coming. I should have been warming her up to this for weeks, but I was afraid she'd become attached and want to wear it all the time. Frankly, my attention has been elsewhere while I've fought the battle called wanting to wear night-night diapers all day and all night.
Yesterday I gave in. It cost me four premium, extra absorption diapers, but I'm in the toddler business and that was the cost of doing business!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote all that and then Georgia told me she needed her diaper changed (an inexpensive giraffe diaper, thanks for asking). I didn't even attempt to get her back into her pjs because I knew deep down inside her preferred costume this day (and all days) is Baby New Year.
But then, she came out into the living room and tried to put her costume on.
I tried to hide my shock and asked, "You want to wear your costume?" She nodded yes and said, "costume." All righty then!!!
I helped her dress, threw shoes on our feet, and told her we'd go see Daddy. Halloween is a big deal at his work and employees dress up. They've been telling him all week they want to see Georgia in her costume. As he left this morning, as a lifeguard, I told him that we probably wouldn't make a show because the Baby New Year costume isn't really the traveling type.
But look, here she is in both costumes!
(This look is please don't bother me, I'm reading about dogs.)
Here's the lifeguard and his little lady!
Full length view.
Here she is "flying" around and playing in a puddle!
We came home, she went down for a late nap, and I'm thinking even if she doesn't want to wear her costume to Harvest Night at church, she'll be rested and we'll have a great time!
Happy Halloween!!
No comments:
Post a Comment