As 2010 ended last night, Noah and I found ourselves asking what God could be preparing us for given all He has taught us and brought us through in the last twelve months. It was a conversation of wide eyes, laughter, and quiet pauses. And a few tears. Grateful, grateful tears.
We didn't stay up to midnight, but I felt like we did take the time to set a stone on the altar of Faith that 2011 will be a year that our family grows in God's provision for us. When we left Oregon, our prayer was that Noah would find a job that would pay a living wage so he could be our main income provider. We felt led to come back to Missouri and certain we needed to make some trade-offs so I could be home with Georgia.
Our prayer was a living wage. But God has shown us clearly that He wants to change our life and change the wage. He has stripped us of our idolic pursuit of the American Dream and allowed us to see how He can and will be our everything. Much more satisfying to let Him add the house, the dog, etc. than to pursue them and miss Him.
We were filled with joy and excitement this week when Noah was offered a full-time, year round job with a locally owned, family nursery called Soil Service. We know one of the owners through our church and I cannot wait to see him tomorow and tell him how thankful we are and how sure we feel God is providing for us!
Noah has been faithful to setting his hand to the jobs offered the last few months and I'm excited he can get back to what he is passionate about!
January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hallelujah! Praise Him!! I'm thrilled for you both!
Post a Comment