May 14, 2011

Judah at 7 months

My son, you are already 7 1/2 months old. As a second child myself, I don't sweat that I'm just now getting to taking your pictures and capturing your latest milestones. You are so loved that I'd never be able to put into words what you mean to us even if I had all day to do it. I treasure all you are and tuck sweet moments into my heart.

It is different, being the second born. The biggest being you were truly born into a family. You and Georgia are interracting more and more--rolling around together on the floor and making each other giggle--to my  pure delight. She has so much big sister in her that at times she promotes herself to mama, but she loves you to pieces and it always thinking of you, acting for you, and keeping up with you. She calls you Judah Kenzie and sometimes just Kenzie. It is so dear to my heart to see you as an answer to my prayers for her to have a sibling!

You continue to be a mama's boy...fussing when I leave the room and making your daddy roll his eyes when I return and you immediately grin and giggle.  You army crawl and roll like nobody's business and absolutely deserve the title "fully mobile." You are curious to the point of getting dangerous! Time to up the babyproofing!

On Easter you weighed 20 lbs. and seem to get denser each day! You wear clothes ranging from 9 to 18 months. Your second tooth is through (we had a long night last night!) and your hair is getting a bit more brown. People are starting to notice your big, blue eyes first thing and comment on how much of a boy your are becoming.

You chew on everything. Everything! Your favorite toys are Georgia's doctor kit, Georgia's drum sticks, and balls. You are an earnest eater with mouth open and a fuss between each bite for more. You are getting better at finger feeding yourself and raking to pick food up. Unlike your sister, you have some food preferences and aversions at this age. I hide a carrot cube in your prunes, pumpkin, or sweet potatoes--otherwise you cry when I give you a bite of carrot. Peas also are not your favorite. I have to get them just right on temperature or there will be tears.

And bless your sweet heart, you FINALLY made it through a whole night without eating this week! You are also willing to stay in your crib through the night. You wake up to make sure I am still close by, but it is remarkable progess to not have to have mama in your grip to sleep. You have also made it 2 hours in the nursery two times at church. Finally found a volunteer who can coax you through your tears into a nap! She's earning some jewels in her crown for SURE!

I'd sum you up at this age as constant. A constant reminder of God's goodness to us and a constant challenge to keep up with! We love you, Judah!

No comments: