Mother's Day is always Noah's busiest time of year in the garden center industry, so I have realistic expectations of it being a holiday for me! But this year I did get a very special hour with my daughter that made my feel very celebrated and loved. Hosted and held by her pre-school teachers!
It was so fun to get dressed up and come for the last bit of her school day. All the moms and grandmas and substitute moms were excitedly waiting in the hall. It's fun how much camaraderie develops in the hallway outside of class at drop off and pick up times (and I've only been there since January!). I truly look forward to seeing them and hearing how life is going...a new baby, a new job, potty training, and swapping stories about what our kids say and do.
We walked into the room to find kids sitting at tables waiting oh-so-patiently with a big chair beside each of them and a wonderful little place setting for each of us. A flower, a laminated placemat with a sweet poem and their finger prints captured forever as flowers and grass, and my proud grinning girl!
We enjoyed cookies and punch and chatting until the kids were called out to the hall for our presents. Another one?! Georgia was one of the last ones back in and she immediately ran to me with the announcement that my wreath was a hat. Soon all the children were wearing their mamas' wreaths too, as hats, and following her in her ballet twirling. Much to my chagrin. I'm not sure this counts toward her leadership abilities in a positive way!
On Mother's Day, we took Grammy to Red Lobster for lunch and later went to the park with Nana.
On Noah's day off, Tuesday, we had our celebration. The heat was throwing off our day, but in the end, I absolutely loved looking out the window and seeing Noah with Chinese food in hand for dinner and Georgia carrying a Hallmark sack with the card, candle, and book she had picked for me.
I love where she thought the sticker belonged!
And we have the most fun book to fill out together. I'm looking forward to it!
Motherhood is my highest calling, the toughest job I've ever had, and a gift I know the Lord is using to love me, heal me, strengthen me, reveal Himself to me, and empower me for His glory. I am so thankful for these children!My Facebook post on Mother's Day week: 81 weeks of my life to carry them. 18 hours of the hardest work I've ever done to meet them. 18 lb. 7 oz. of baby born to surprise us. More sleepless nights than I care to count. 2 incredible children that make this Mother's Day truly a celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment