Traveling with a 16 month old is a trip, not a vacation! Especially without Daddy! Gotta give BIG kudos to our family and friends who have helped tremendously. Especially Aunt Kelley Marie for giving us a totally toddler afternoon yesterday and let Georgia run around naked!
For all my coaching, the plane trip did not go as planned. The red-eye left us, well, red-eyed. Georgia did not sleep a wink on the first leg. She did bother the lady in front of her a bit and quickly crawled into a flight attendant's arms when she got the offer to get up out of our seats, but did very little fussing. She ended the flight by flirting with a handsome young man a few rows back. I'll give her credit, she finds the cute ones.
The second hop on a prop she did succumb to the noise and vibration and slept for 45 minutes. Hooray! It was definitely NOT fun to travel, but already the memory is fading and I feel like I've joined the Mom's flying club.
We've been in four states in as many days. Georgia has slept in 3 cribs and a pack-n-play--she has two more cribs and another pack-n-play to go! She really is a good traveler. She's seen dozens and dozens and dozens of people and been sweet and cordial most all of the time.
The first night she slept a blissful 12 hours. Since then she's been awakened by the strange noises and darkness of a different room at night and comes to sleep with Mama in the big bed. We may have to break this habit when we get home but I sure do love to snuggle with her.
I like to hear that people think she's starting to look like me. Noah got all the credit for the first year of her life so it's about time for some resemblance to me!
I have taken 3 pictures the entire trip and they didn't come out well, so I have nothing to show for our travels! That's a solo parent trip for ya!
June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment