Georgia has started sleeping with a pillow and pulls up her own covers. We just fawn over our sleeping princess who looks so beautiful propped up and covered up. (We find that much cuter than finding her awake after a nap without her diaper on and a wet bed!)
But before she goes to bed she likes to "rock rock (with) Mama" and read books. We have our little routine. My grandparents were given lap blankets from ladies at their church but they thought they wouldn't use them so Georgia ended up with them. They really are the perfect size for her, soft fleece, and one is a Mizzou print! Every night one blanket goes on Mama's lap. Then Georgia climbs up. Finally we cover up with the second blanket. It is not optional! She request the "other blanket" if I don't do it automatically.
Then when it's time for bed, I scoop her up and lay her down in her blanket sandwhich.
Vehicles
She knows Grammy has a truck and drives a "purple car," Daddy has a "Beep" and Mama has a "car vroom vroom." She adores Daddy's Jeep and it just makes him grin that she now points out Jeeps when we drive. At least twice a day she decides she's going to go "bye bye, see ya" and spends a few minutes getting her belongings together (purse, toys, hat, sunnies, drink, keys, etc.) before pretending to set the alarm ("beep, beep, beep....go!") and head to the garage or front door. If we ask her which vehicle she intends to take, she'll tell us. It's usually Daddy's Jeep.
In all the snow Noah spent a lot of time outside shoveling, towing vehicles, and helping the neighbors. Georgia figured out his role pretty quick. One morning Grammy was having trouble getting out and Georgia, looking out the window, declared, "Grammy truck stuck. Daddy push."
New Skills
Georgia is learning yoga. She'll say "oga?" when she wants to do her poses. So far she knows table, cat, cow, crane, happy baby, down dog and snake. We started yoga because I love how it makes me feel and I've read it helps develop attention span (something we're gonna need for potty training!).
She loves puzzles. She can complete her alphabet puzzle all on her own! It's a Melissa & Doug puzzle with a picture under each letter and she figured it out within a couple weeks. She associates the letter with the picture such as "M. Moon." She's also getting good at a number puzzle with the same set-up. Zero is the best because it is blank under the number. When she puts it in place she declares, "Nothing!"
Little Miss Helpful
We've learned that the warnings we give her will come back to us as instructions. From day one Grammy has told Georgia to go up and down the stairs, "Slow and easy." Once I came down the stairs in a hurry and she scolded me, "Slow! Slow!" Another time I was going super super slow and she folded over in frustration and moaned, "Too slow!!!" Yesterday she grabbed Noah's hand as he came down the last few stairs and said, "Easy. Easy."
The other morning we had a girls' breakfast at G's little table. When I was done she asked, "All done you?" and when I said yes, she took my dishes to the sink. She loves to take dishes to the sink! She even dumps leftovers and empty cups before she drops them in there.
She likes to pick out her own clothes. Sometimes she'll pick a top or pants and I'll coax her into something that blends. But quite frankly I love to see her choices and don't feel at all strange taking her in public in her choices because I know everyone knows she did it! We could all use a little more imagination in defining what "matches"!
She really liked this cat shirt and the outfits she came up with to compliment it.
We were folding towels the other day and I asked her to please put Grammy's dishcloths up. She was sure willing to do that and went in the kitchen, opened the drawer and had me convinced she did it....until I saw her making a beeline for her own kitchen. We wrangled those dishcloths back and forth until I had to ask Grammy to ask for them. Then they got back to the drawer and stayed in the drawer.
Church
We've take her into church with us a few times. The first time she was a little restless but cracked us up by making a call on her cell phone, "Elmum (Elmo)! Elmum! It's Georgia." She finished the service by giving her sweet daddy a good face washing with a wipe. The next time she did much better than I anticipated but also had a few complaints, namely that I ran out of food for her. "More cracker? More nay-nay?" She also announced that she knew a song was ending and declared for all to hear, "All done!"
This week she was amazing and sat quietly most of the service. Except for that time she dropped her pencil and wanted everyone to know it was still hers, "Uh-oh! Uh-oh! Georgia's! Georgia's!" She wore an incredibly adorable dress that Grammy got for her today and a hair bow! After church she put a bow in Daddy's hair and instructed, "Daddy, no off!"
Two's
It's so cute that things come in twos....wash, wash... dry, dry...rock, rock...night-night...vroom-vroom...fall-fall down. Must be from all the doubling we did when she was a baby? ba-ba, bye-bye, no-no...
Speaking of no....we met up with my 2nd cousins and their families recently at Red Robin. Here is G with her girl cousins Riley, Kate, and Peyton.
Of course all the kids had balloons. Conrad, 13 and all boy, was teasing Georgia by letting her balloon float up and then smacking his hands together to stop it just in time. She took her little finger and said, "No! No! No!" and pointed to the ceiling where a balloon had gotten loose and hadn't come back to its owner. He kept it up and so did she. Conrad's mom ad libbed for G, "Man! Don't you see what I'm trying to tell you? The balloon will not come back if you keep doing that!"
The balloon was safely returned to Georgia and she brought it home. By the next day the balloon was floating down to the floor and she kept telling the balloon, "No! No! No! UP!"
Memorable
This isn't so much cute as memorable.....the poor thing has dry nose despite a humidifier. Her little nostrils are just packed with boogers and it bothers her that she cannot blow them out. So she starts a digging for relief. One day as she was digging I asked her, "Do you need some help?" to which she replied "Yeah..." and grabbed my finger and tried to shove it up her nostril. All I can say is they are dang little and my fingers are comparatively huge. Thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment