July 17, 2010

Sizzlin Saturday

It's Saturday. Noah's got the day off and we're hiding out in the AC for the afternoon. I can hear Georgia upstairs yakking away beside him in our bed. They are supposed to be napping. She, particularly, is supposed to observe the don't-talk-to-the-parent-so-she-falls-asleep-when-in-our-bed rule. But I can hear him, too, so they must be having a nice chat about those babies she got at garage sales the last few days.

It's just lovely to be all together on his days off. This morning he indulged us by coming along for some garage saleing before we went to Home Depot for some paint. We are bargain hunters and it's good for Noah to see our process!

G's a mama's girl but she sure does love her daddy. He indulges the tomboy in her with wrestles, tickles, and getting rowdy together. He is also her yoga partner since I'm not getting down on the floor on my belly for several more months yet.

We find it quite adorable when she feigns terrible distress he is leaving for work and elicits promises for his return, "Do 'oga with me, Daddy?" or "Come home and push me, Daddy?" When he comes home, she starts shouting for her long awaited reward.

I was thinking a few minutes ago that some women are worried when another baby comes, they won't have enough love for both. I'm not feeling that. I am getting really excited about falling in love again! A smile comes across my face when I think of falling for Noah and my heart wells when I remember slowly letting myself realize that baby girl was mine forever and ever and crying over her in joy. I might wonder how I'll have enough energy, attention, and patience for two, but not love.

We got to see him again this week and it is just confirmed positive he is a handsome little guy. He was sleeping during the ultrasound and we soaked up every 4D glance we got of his face. The tech. declared he looks just like Georgia--definitely the same nose. Description was much like her too...long eyelashes and hair, big feet, and big at 1/2 lb. over his due date measurement.

It's official I hide my babies well. I have been "consistently measuring small but progressing appropriately" so a quick sonogram was in order to measure him...just like we had to do with his big sister. I'm so eager for them to meet. She talks about him a lot and starts her sentences, with, "My brof-fer..."

I am now 30 weeks along and continually amused at the comments people make about my belly, sometimes to me, but often just to the air so I can overhear. I joke that I refuse to travel to Springfield until I'm done because people down there seem to think I'm huge and are rather blunt about it. Maybe just weird about it. My favorite was going to the zoo and having a giraffe wafer seller ask me when I was due. I fully expected her to tell me she was also pregnant but instead she pointed behind me and said, "That giraffe's going to have a baby any day now." We all paused for a moment and I wanted to ask, "Did you mention this because I'm a mammal, too?"

Up here in Kansas City they are more favorable to my pride. At least they seem genuinely surprised when I tell them September.

He's got a lot of growing and finishing up to before then. We've got a lot to do also. Beyond the things we can check off a list, I asked my mom how I could prepare myself for two. She said just be open to the changes. Reminds me of the Zales Jane Seymour commercials where she says her mom told her to keep her heart open. Must be good advice if Dr. Mike says something so similar (Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman was the Little House on the Prairie of my generation!).

Well, our little friend just came downstairs so Daddy might have fallen asleep but she didn't so I'm back to nap patrol.

No comments: