August 25, 2010

2 1/2

Dear Georgia,

A half-birthday is a milestone to celebrate and we've decided to celebrate them with half bundt cakes. It took a couple days of your 1/2 Birthday cake sitting on the counter for you to get your behavior in line to celebrate turning 2 and a half but once you did, it was so worth it! The look on your face said it all. JOY!

We marvel at you.......such a big girl who has grown exponentially in every way in just six months. Your language is truly remarkable and you don't miss anything. You process information in ways that I would expect school age kids to! Full sentences, rambling explanations, and always with the hands and facial expressions.

You've started asking me to say things like the rule about a ball going in the street or under a car and just yesterday you started telling me to "stop saying that!" when you don't like what I explain. You know where everybody is, what they are doing, or you'll go find out.  I love that you are independent and you have been incredibly helpful to me during pregnancy this summer. I'm going to miss our pool chats as the cool weather comes on.

You love spraying the stains on your clothes and spraying the carpet when you make a mess. I think you know where everything is in Grammy's house and can pretty much tell us every step, every process, and every routine. And you keep Grammy and Daddy in line about them all. Thank you.

You are potty trained and working toward not needing a pull up at night. The look on your face just boasts of how pleased you are with yourself. I am really impressed with your ability to take care of yourself...completely dressed with socks and shoes in the most interesting outfits. I hear 3 is when you'll start caring about how well things match. For now, I'm enjoying your creativity!



We are working on listening and obeying. You generally accept our no's but, sister, let me tell you...you are strong willed and stubborn and every bit of 2 at times. You are doing significantly better with not hitting, spitting, or kicking and can recite "the rules" to us. We've learned you need outlets for your frustration, anger, and confusion. I keep telling myself that you've prepared us for having a son much more than a typical girl.

You love when people come to over to visit and think everyone who comes is a friend coming to play with you. You love for Grammy to read Jesus stories and know books by their titles. You ask me every morning, "Where are we going bye-bye?" and are always up for a garage sale adventure with me.

Right now you wear clothes ranging from 3T-6T, size 7/8 shoes, are just over 3 ft., weigh around 30 lbs, and have your hair in what we call Dora style. Your daddy recently cut your bangs a little too short, but thankfully your hair grows fast and things are looking better every day! Your favorite drink is milk and you really like hot dogs (which is a range of kielbasa, brats, and true hot dogs).

I'm glad your daddy is so involved in bringing you up. He plays games with you I'd never think of and seems to understand you in ways that make me appreciate you both. He says it's because you are both Gusys. You guys play a point and practice pronoun games over dinner that gets us all going with "You! Me? Her! Him!" banter. And he's takes all the physical loving you store up all day and cannot express with me right now.

You have a baby that has become your constant companion...you named her, "Honey Girl....like me!" She goes everywhere with you and is treated like a real baby--in the shopping cart and in a highchair. She also looks real and people stop us all the time to comment about her. I think she is your way of preparing for your brother's arrival.

We love you more than we possible can express. Just know it's love to the moon and back a gazillion times!

Love,
Daddy and Mommy
(who you like to call Noah and Honey Bee)


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, Courtney. I just think this is the most precious thing ever. Georgia will TREASURE this!!! And I'll have to be sure to wish her a happy 2 1/2 year old birthday the next time I see her!!