December 3, 2010

Memories

Sometimes I just stop and imagine taking a picture in my mind of our kiddos. CLICK!

Like looking over at Judah asleep in the swing. Red outfit, giraffe shoes, and perfectly fuzzy hair. That dear face I first saw on sonogram in April and fell in love with....bigger now, fuller cheeks, and still those pursed lips. I never want to forget this sight of him almost filling the swing bucket already.

Like this morning when I saw Georgia deciding to get dressed and pulling together her outfit...blue and orange theme today...turquoise blue shirt with rhinestone heart, blue jeans (what a surprise!), her orange tutu, orange socks, and Elmo "slippers." When she came to the doorway asking for help with her shoes I just welled with pride at my sweet girl.

Then we put her hair in pigtails and the grin on her face when she saw herself...................{choked up sigh}.



This is the stuff of good memories.

Last night I went to mom's group and a wonderful saint of the church was encouraging us to keep our quiet times with God. She said it is certainly difficult to do with little ones at home, but truthfully, she has found it to always be a battle to fit in her day. That encouraged me greatly because it's been hard for me do anything with much focus right now. Somehow knowing it might never get easier makes me want to try harder now.

When I think ahead and consider what memories I want my kiddos to have in their minds CLICK! I want them to remember me as a mom who took time to sit with God, to listen to Him, and give myself to Him fully. So I need to make it my daily practice.

Off to my quiet time............

No comments: