August 21, 2008

Back from Vacation

We are a few days back from our yearly Midwest Vacation (although, vacation does not seem the right word with a little one in tow). We didn't get to see everyone we would have like to have seen and do half of the things we talked about doing, but it was a great trip nonetheless. We have so many great pictures, videos, and stories to share. We'll get started and see how far I can get before Georgia is up from a nap!

Traveling went well, many thanks to Josh, Kelley Marie, and Kendall who not only lent but set-up the carseat, pack-n-play, toys, etc. so we could travel light. Before we got on the plane, we played Georgia out. She loves to watch her daddy make the giraffe walk! By the time we boarded, she was asleep on my chest in the Moby Wrap and slept through take-off. After someone stopped me and asked about the Moby, Noah suggested I call the president of Peppermint.com (I met her last fall at a Baby Expo and she personally helped me pick my baby wearings) and ask her how I can get a comission for all the business I send her way or how to become the Moby Wrap rep. for the NW! I do love them!


After a short nap, she woke up very interested in looking out the window, playing with the seat trays, and trying to open up our snacks. She wanted very much to befriend our seat mate but he was tired and slept much of the way. She struggled to fall asleep to finish her nap until Mama swayed with her in the back galley. Daddy got that priviledge on the flight home! All in all she was fantastic the entire trip and extremely amiable to traveling, strange scheduling, and meeting dozens of new people.

For now we'll start with pictures of Mama's Family (oh, that's funny if you remember the show and where it was "located"!) I don't know how we didn't think to take a picture of everybody together!

This is Grammy Cheryl, Great Grandpa Raymond, Great Grandma Betty, Uncle Chris, Aunt Mary, and Grandpa Ron.


Here are a couple of Georgia's honorary aunts...Aunt Kelley Marie and Aunt Smalley. Finally we remembered to do a group shot!


Georgia liked playing on Grammy's kitchen counter. She learned Patty Cake and checked out a variety of bowls and spoons.




And she "met" Elmo from Grammy's toy box!


Check back soon because Noah's family--namely our adorable niece Adi--will make their debut!

No comments: