March 12, 2009

Good thing...

Good thing we aren't designing real babies, because we'd never get it done! Designing a doll about did us in...

We designed a doll from Baby Be Blessed as our birthday gift for Georgia. I found this site from a blog I read (it's Bring the Rain over to the right on my mid-Spring to get it. Enough her lack of understanding for as long as possible, right?

I stalked the site until February 20th when orders would begin. I carted the doll and have been trying to customize it ever since. I had NO idea it would be such a struggle to decide arms/face/legs color and fabric, torso color and fabric, hair color and fabric, pigtails (high or low? fabric or yarn?), verse (which translation?) and font, not to mention clothing style and then fabric choice (1-2-or 3 fabrics depending on style).

Indeed now I see that is an overwhelming list.

In the last week, I've spent hours clicking back and forth between screens on the customizing pages. I finally had to abandon the project for a few days because I felt myself getting worked up about it. I am a tactile seamstress and it was hard...I need to tOuCh the fabrics, eyeball closely, and see it all together.

I finally had to drag Noah in to help. After making him dizzy with all my clicking and watching his eyes pop out in between his suggestions, I realized what a truly good man he is for even venturing into this ridiculous dilemma with me. Finally he left, then came back, and said, "Do you need more help? I want to be supportive, but you've given me great motivation to go work on the taxes." And off he went...

but the doll is ordered and the taxes are getting done, so it's a success!

No comments: