March 1, 2009

So long February...

The month of red, hearts, and baby Georgia is officially over. We long for sun, flowers, and watching the little miss grow into a girl.

Last night we had a family dinner...the first true dinner where we all ate the same thing. Weekend breakfasts have been family for some months...hot Bob's Mill rice farina, Scotish oatmeal, or more recently wheat farina, along with some eggs (no yolk for the little one although we are introducing the white now). I love waking up and hustling to make the first meal so we can all eat together...maybe it's the togetherness or maybe it's less work that is so appealing to me!

Lunch and dinner have been tougher. But last night we had turkey veggie pasta and we all ate it. Noah requested his also be blended and I denied his request. I think it was due to his temporary crown and only being able to chew on one side, but I say tough, brush your teeth more!

All week we talked about birth week last year. Last night's conversation was that we had come home on February 28th last year and that we could not have imagined then we'd stand in our kitchen feeding our daughter from the table a year later.

We remembered coming home exhausted...I remember crying all the way home. The world was so bright--literally--after being in a hospital room with a tinted window for three days and the weight of protecting a new life was overwhelming. I was extremely anxious from all the chaos of the hospital and was having trouble sleeping despite being on the difficult 3 hour seemingly endless cycle of feeding, changing, sleeping, feeding, changing, sleeping. We talked about how novice we were and how much we didn't know about bringing a baby home and how next time we'll be more prepared!


Dressed to go home...snuggled in her carseat for the first time.

No comments: