April 16, 2011

Georgia-isms

Every day brings us some funny 3 year old language and world explanation. I want to remember these forever!

Georgia has a friend at church named Andrew. He is dear to her. Very dear. Smotherin' lovin' on him at times. She talks a lot about him and he has taken up "residence" with us here at home. Andrew this, Andrew that.

So one day I asked who her best friend was and she of course replied, "ANDREW!"
Then I asked her who Judah's best friend is and she was quite certain in her response, "ME!"
-----------
Playing together in the new tent...Georgia unzips the door and peeked out.
"Mom, Judah's not crying."
"I know!"
"He so scited!" (excited)
-------------
Driving to school on a rainy, cool morning, she comments that not many people are out.
"Wait, there's a daddy." (she says of a man outside working on his truck)
"Did you know that not all guys are daddies? Some of them are just guys. They don't have kids. Before you were born, your daddy was just a guy. YOU made him a daddy."
"And when Judah was born, he made Daddy a STRANGER!"
--------------
She has claimed a little boombox I used in my classroom. She put the CD in and pressed play. In the few seconds it took for the CD to start spinning and play, she exclaimed, "This is gonna be amazing!"
--------------
On the way home from our church small group, I was explaining to her why Judah needed a bath. I said something about up-chucking his blueberry yogurt. Immediately I regreted my distracted explanation and choice of words. But I got a repressed silent chuckle when she replied in defense of why she didn't need a bath, "I not chuck anything."
--------------
She's really loving pizza right now, and completely unrelated, we are often trying to get Judah to repeat words to us or figure out if he is babbling a real word. Georgia showed just how smart she is in applying the latter: "What was that Judah? Mom! Judah said pizza! He wants pizza!"
--------------
We were talking about what Judah will call Georgia as he begins to talk. I asked her if she wanted to be called sister or sissy. "Princess. I want him to call me Princess." Ah ha ha ha!!!!

No comments: