May 14, 2008

In Georgia's Words


Hi there. It's me, Georgia. Fresh up from a nap. I thought I'd tell you about my trip to school yesterday. Mommy is going back to work on Friday so she needed to get a few things ready and she wanted to show me off while I was awake.

It sure is a big place with a lot of people! I went to a meeting and added my thoughts to the discussion. I met mom's principal and smiled for him. I met many students in the halls during passing periods. They seem to be glad she is coming back, even if only for the last three weeks of school. Mom explained to me that it sounds like while the cat's been away, the mice have been playing, but that usually the mice don't confess to doing it.

It was fun to meet new faces, but all that visiting made me tired so I took a nap while she kept working. After my nap I was so happy to wake up to just my mom's face, but there were some adults who had been busy all day and wanted to see me while she finished one last task. She told me it wouldn't be too long, but I wasn't having it. I tried to tell them nicely with my pouty lip. They just thought that was cute. I tried my sad face, but they just commented on what a great sad face it was. So then I had to tell them I was serious with some wailing.

That worked.

They delivered me upstairs to my mom as she was coming to meet me because she could hear me all the way down the hall. I stopped crying and told her I was ready to leave! She buckled me in and I enjoyed another nap on the way home.

I get to go back on Friday because there won't be students. Next week Grammy is going to be with me during they day and Daddy, too, on his days off. I sure am looking forward to her coming!

No comments: