The Oregon State Fair is coined "Too Big to Miss!" but
wasn't as good as Santa-Cali-Gon Days to me
and Noah shook his head and said,
"Girls, wait til you see the Iowa State Fair."
So it wasn't all that but like so many other activities,
experiencing it with a child made it worth the trip.
We started off with a great show called the Pretend Circus.
Kids visiting the fair dressed up as the "wild" animals who had been
trained to roar and show their claws for the crowd.
With an average age of four,
these wild animals were greatly entertaining on stage.
The ring master was great at improv and added to the humor
by saying things like, "Wow! You didn't tell me you trained
your animals to walk on two feet!"
I was thoroughly enjoying the laughs and
anticipating Georgia being this age.
Then....
anticipating Georgia being this age.
Then....
Noah got called to the stage to help roll a 1000 lb. dumbbell
to the center of the stage.
to the center of the stage.
Cause, ya know, there was no way he could do it, even with help.
That would take a very strong weightlifter of about age 7!
Being on stage is so not Noah, but he did a great job.
And again I was laughing and anticipating Georgia being
3, 4, and 5 and the many things her daddy
will do for her entertainment!
Then it was time to see the animals!
Georgia loves cows and loves to moo (though it comes out mmmmmm).
She told us that there were a lot of cows sleeping (night-night).
Then we headed for the displays.
This zucchini was HUGE but I needed to be able to show
its size on scale. Georgia worked.
After Daddy had a funnel cake
(and Georgia wouldn't try it to save her life)
and lots of running around, we came upon the kid village.
We put her in this dump truck and corn kernel pen
and she immediately went for the boys!
She walked up to the blonde, patted his back,
rubbed his shoulder and smiled at him.
After he left (not because of the love, I'm sure)
she was left with this young man.
He didn't interest her as much and so they played trucks.
Then she proceeded to dump a load of corn down his diaper.
It wasn't on purpose, but still I had to profusely apologize to his parents
for the trouble of removing aforementioned corn.
We moved on the tractors.
She wasn't big enough to pedal them,
but she did need to try each one out.
Then Daddy took her to the feeding pen.
I didn't realize that the animals were roaming free in the pen.
This wasn't like other fairs we've been to and suddenly
I was glad to be the photographer on the outside!
I had trouble getting good shots, though.
Georgia would approach an animal, touch it, and then
be on the next. She even gave a few quick hugs.
But it was fleeting, nonetheless. She wasn't scared.
She just needed to move on!
On the way home, Georgia was very tired.
I turned around and saw her doing this...
I was thinking, "What is she doing?
Give that girl a lovie so she's not improvising!"
Ahhhh...much better. Night-night.
No comments:
Post a Comment