(Video from first night)
This week started Toddler & Me swimming. Different pool, different parent this time!
I purposefully put Georgia in the 18-36 month class so she wouldn't be distracted by pointing out babies and would hopefully learn a few things from the older tots. The first night we weren't so sure how things were going. Noah's knees were hurting from being 6'2" in 3'6" water and it seemed like the instruction wasn't structured well, but the second lesson we started seeing promise.
Noah said it felt surreal to be in the pool with her. He's spent a lot of time in pools, but not in the company of Georgia and it took him by surprise. He said he kept asking himself, "This is MY kid?" To which I supportively replied, "Yes. We've had her going on two years."
He said he was being super careful with her, but what he's able to do I would call downright not ok for myself. Case in point: if my feet cannot touch, that's not safe. He was swimming around with her on his chest, feet obviously kicking and keeping them both afloat. That's when I knew we had our roles right...me photographing and him swimming. Amen.
The second night Georgia was excited to go to the "pool" for "m-ming." She put her swimsuit "on" and was ready to go!
She was more comfortable in the water and started trying things. I almost fell out of the balcony observation deck into the big pool below as I saw Georgia watch a toddler next to her jump into the pool and then walk off the ledge into her daddy's arms. Again and again and again. That's when I knew putting her in a class where she was the youngest was right. Amen.
Later she was tooling around with arms outstretched to a boogie while her daddy pushed her around in circles. I was so impressed with them both!
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
No comments:
Post a Comment