February 14, 2011

Into Month 4

Typical second kid stuff going on...loving this kiddo to pieces, but doing a terrible job of capturing life day to day.  Of course every mama knows how incredibly special her child is, and I'm no different. Judah ROCKS!

So here, in sporatic fashion, are development highlights.....

I've given up trying to keep him down for more than one sleep cycle, so he takes 4-5 short naps during the day. There are times it feels like I am on some bad carnival ride that won't stop, but most of the time I can go with his flow. Getting things done is another story. I think I'm developing ADD with all the interruptions!

Last week when I picked him up from the nursery, the director stopped by and said, "I came to check in on the babies. Judah sure talks a lot!" This week when I picked him up, the volunteer said, "You've got a ladies' man here. He was cooing to all the baby girls."

There have been several double takes of "Did he just cry for ma-ma?"

His hands reach for everything. I love when he reaches out to touch my face.

I thought for sure he was close to rolling over--even gave instructions to knock him back over if he tried while I was away--but he's so dang in love with his toes now that he's lost his momentum. However, if you give him a finger to hold and a little tug, he'll be happy to roll over assisted.

He wears size 2 diapers and 3 at night.

Separation anxiety about half the time. He is a mama's boy through and through. When he wants mama, nobody else will do.

He loves his thumbs, fingers, and fists in his mouth.

He can get his paci in and out of his mouth, but is particularly good at out.

He still is swaddled at night and I don't know how he'll sleep not swaddled!

I think he's going to have the Hurst true blue eyes.

He's growing out of 6-9 mn clothes. Which is bad because I don't have many warm 9-12 month clothes. Come on spring!

Here he is with Bear at month 3. He had found his hands!
And month 4 pictures.

We love you so much, our big, brave Lion!!

No comments: