Toward the end of my pregnancy with Georgia I was consumed by mommy-brain and stopped caring where things went so long as they were out of sight, my baby had a place to sleep, and the floors were mopped religiously.
To undo that sort of packing away and putting up..........would take real work. Not to mention getting all the numerous things that we've acculumlated since Georgia was born in the right place, too.
But it was time!
Unfortunately, we picked a day that every surface of the neighborhood apparently needed to be mowed, blown, resurfaced, or otherwise beautified. That meant Georgia wasn't napping well. And we got two extra little hands helping.
Her favorite find was the baby carrier--aka the baby bucket. She climbed in and set about figuring out the buckles.
When she was all situated, she kept saying, "UP!" I thought she wanted to get up and out of there, but she was adamant that the buckles stay buckled. After about the thirteenth request, I figured out what she was asking. I said, "Oh. Ok. I'll go get your daddy."
She wanted to GO for a ride in it and that would take a daddy's strength!!!
This whole bit amazed me. She's been out of the carrier since she was 9 months old so she certainly doesn't remember it.......but she's obviously been watching other babies ride!
She spent a lot of the day rocking her baby in it. She's also starting to feed her baby what she eats...yea for plastic baby heads!

Noah found his old letterman's jacket. It's heavy with all those swimming metals!!! I was thinking he was looking pretty durn cute in it until he started explaining to Georgia that the Raytown metals were on top of the Ray South metals. See that smirk?
Noah found his old letterman's jacket. It's heavy with all those swimming metals!!! I was thinking he was looking pretty durn cute in it until he started explaining to Georgia that the Raytown metals were on top of the Ray South metals. See that smirk?
There was lots of shoe-trying-on. Georgia's favorites were the fuzzy slippers. I was disappointed to see how practical my shoe selection has become. While numerous in number, they were mostly black and browns.
Toward the end of the day I was digging in a closet and heard Noah encouraging Georgia to "show Mama."
She came in wearing a t-shirt with his picture on it from a day care. It's literally pushing 30 years old! It was one of many, many things that came out of Noah's trunks and boxes. I cannot believe the stuff he has stored and moved, numerous times. Every six months or so I nudge him to go through them. Sometimes we laugh at what he finds. Sometimes I give him the look. This time we mostly laughed!
Don't you love the little ribbon dumbbells??
We're not done, but were headed in the right direction with these closets!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment