We just had the most fantastic 1/2 hour with Georgia EVER!
She was making the switch to her pajamies (if trading one onesie for another counts) and I was blowing bubbles on her tummy. She was laughing! Real giggles! She was making me laugh so much and Noah got home and he started laughing too. She even was laughing in anticipation of the belly bubbles. It was fantastic!
It's hot here...Noah said 99 degrees today...and we ventured out this afternoon for a brief first trip to the baby pool. She was all decked out...hat, sunglasses (which really do give Elton John a run for his money), swimsuit from Aunt Noelle, and sunscreen.
She doesn't mind water at all but she doesn't really get into it either. We gave her a real bathtub bath this week (usually it's the countertop or a shower with one of us) and she was more interested in the array of shampoos, conditioners, and body wash on the ledge than the bath. So today at the pool she mostly enjoyed watching the other kiddos play and then playing in the shade on her towel.
It is really important to me that she has a healthy fear of water. I would say I have a slightly unhealthy fear of deep water and I want Noah-the-state-champion-swimmer to teach her to be safe and happy in water. (For the record I have always valued his being a water-person, as his lifeguarding abilities are what got this relationship going seven years ago on a canoe trip when I wanted someone in my canoe who could save me if need be).
However...today he asked me if I put Georgia under water. Umm...hell to the no! He says when he taught swimming lessons they were this little, but I'm thinking no way. We did see a special on tv about a guy who trains children 6 months and older to turn face up in water so that should they fall into water, they turn themselves over and wait to be rescued. (Watching was intense...they literally toss the kids in water for the "test.")
Bottom line...my water-guy may need supervising at the pool!!
June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment