Georgia's first night in her crib. I've only checked on her three times and Noah is starting to tease me. I just cannot believe how small she looks in her crib (especially because she filled the bassinet!).
The best piece of parenting advice I have been given is 'you have to do what feels right to you.' Noah tried to move the crib a couple of weeks ago while I was at a grad class and when I arrived home it was in the middle of the living room and I shook my head no (vigorously). It was too much transition...I was going back to work the next day and I just wasn't ready to move her. However..........last night, after listening to Georgia pick up her feet and slam them down again and again at about 3 am, I decided she was ready for a real mattress and moving her was felt right.
Ok, I'm going to check on her again.
Yes, she is fine.
It's been a great couple of weeks with Grammy. We appreciate her so much. I feel she deserves an ode. I'm not feeling creative enough just yet but it would include things like waffle maker, baby cue soother, short-cut show-er, and sew master. She has helped bring calm and margin in a busy three weeks of me returning to work. I am so thankful that she and Noah enjoy each others' company. He tends to be ornery and she gets a good dose of it every day. (If this sounds like Big Brother Chris, you're right. At one point last summer as Noah was teasing Mom she turned to me and said, "I feel like I must have raised him too!")
This week Noah taught Georgia to take a pacifer out of his hand and she tries (unsuccessfully thus far) to get it in her mouth. I occasionally tease her by putting her bink in my mouth and she gets rather vocal about wanting it back. She is starting to startle--the coffee grinder, sneezing, and the poor man who popped his head over her stroller and scared her to screaming. We learned this weekend that we're getting beyond the take the baby anywhere we go stage, especially on multiple hour adventures or through a naptime. She's good as gold until we push her beyond her boundaries!
Pictures above...Family pics in the sun (we are dying for sunshine up here!), Noah & GG watching TV (yes, I know this is terrible), wearing our shades (GG's are from Aunt Noelle!), and chilling out on the couch after a big day yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment