June 7, 2009

Joy

A few years ago I was talking to one of my classes about Pound Puppies. They didn't know what they were and didn't believe me that pretend abandoned pound animals once had a corner of the kid retail market. Even when I googled them and found images, they doubted me.

On my next trip to MO, I dug through my old stuffed animals and toys and flew mine 2o00 miles back here and drove them 25 more miles to school JUST to prove their existence. Truth me told, I know they teased me just so they could hear the adament "Yesmmhmm" I have become famous for. Nonetheless, I had to stand up for the memories of the late 80's-early 90's and show them not only DID they exist, but I could produce my very own for their viewing.

This week I was cleaning out my desk and found the PPs. I'll write about the desk later, but let's just say there is now a little girl in my life who LOVES dogs (known as 'guh's) and I knew would LOVE her very own Pound Puppies!!

Sure enough, she does...
This same little girl is now obsessed with sitting in any and every chair she finds. It's enough to give her poor old dad a heart attack when it comes to her getting down out of them. The best (for our entertainment, that is) are rocking chairs. She doesn't have good rhthym yet and it's funny to watch her to watch her "rock."

Yesterday Noah told her she's going to have a good ole time when she gets to Grammy's in a few weeks. Let's just say she has rocking chairs and most of them have a story. Just for kicks, let me count up in my head how many I can think of that are in her house right now....bedrooms: four, living room: two (would be three, but she gave Georgia one from her living room), family room: two. Eight! Oh, no, nine. There's one in the hallway. Wow. Georgia will surely try them all. I've actually rocked Georgia a couple of times in her rocking chair the last few weeks. It almost brought me to tears. Before she was walking I rocked her EVERY night. Then she was just too busy and wanted to go straight to bed. I hadn't really realized how precious that chair time was!

Oh, that grin just gets me every time. She was patiently sitting beside me waiting for me to finish on the computer. I cannot believe how much joy she brings to this home! You know, in between the anger fits that show she is all of going on 2 already...

No comments: