June 14, 2009

Picture Time!


Play time seem incredibly sweet right now. No hurry. No pressing to-do list floating in my head. No fretting about the week ahead. Plenty of time to stop in the middle of something to play, read a book, or get a hug.

We have no schedule right now and it seems like it's 11 0'clock before our day gets rolling. But I'll take that as recovery from out of bed and going at 5!

We've had lots of laughs, a few challenges, and one moment of pure terror so far. Georgia is very gregarious and such a fun little person to be around. I feel like I learn to enjoy life in new, imaginative ways when I see her planning and playing and thinking.

She's chattering more and more. It cracks us up! I took a Language Acquistion class when I was pregnant with her and remember being facinated by the steps of language development. I need to dig out the book and read it again, but I do remember that putting together 2 words is a big milestone so I'm eager for that. To her credit, she uses full sentences and asks questions...we just cannot understand her!

Right now she's sitting on our bed eating a cup of Cheerios she spilled all over the covers, leaning back on the pillows reading a baby sign language book for adults, and talking to herself. Noah would say this makes her a little Coco :)

We have our challenges with hitting and paci's right now. She hits when she is mad or doesn't get her way. I can see on her face she just doesn't know how else to express herself, so we understand but obviously don't like the whacking she deals out. I think the words, "Hugs, not hits!" come out of our mouths at least 20 times a day. She's become a good hugger from all the practice.

Now that she is home most of the time, paci stealing is becoming a serious hobby. I've decided after four days that we're going to have to not let her bed be their resting place between sleeps. Guess we'll have to devise a paci check out and check in system.

And the pure moment of terror? We were having a perfectly lovely snack together on the couch and then she hopped down and proceeded to give me a stroke. She turned around with this panic on her face. I thought she was choking and whirled her around and down and hit her on the back between her shoulder blades. In hindsight, I think I overreacted but it was a moment of desperation and all was well within seconds. She stuck a cracker in her already full of cheese mouth. She was fine, but my heart didn't stop pounding for a long while. We won't be eating those crackers again until she is 15!

No comments: