June 15, 2009

Not Me! Monday

MckMama always does a Not Me! Monday confessional. I've never confessed. But I got a lot to confess. It's good for the soul.

Oh, no wait! The premise is that the following list is a things I certainly have not done, thought, or engaged in. Nope, not me!

I for one certainly did not question my daughter's decision to get up at 5:30 am.

I also did not begrudge my husband making room beside me on the couch in my drowsy 7:30 am nap. Nor his attempt to tell me goodbye.

I did not spend hours chasing my tail this morning trying to make sense of the nUmerOUS things on my to do list. I did not question how I got so behind. I did not question how in the world to do so many tasks in such small space. I did not think of it as a logic puzzle and cry out, "But God, I've never been good at those!"

I did not decide to put our dining room table on Craigslist without first getting another table. Where would we eat? The couch???

I did not pull my daughter's hair into a pony tail only to have her shake her head no and sadly wonder if I've missed the ponytail and heavy duty bow introduction window.
I certainly did not let her walk around with a curtain rod with a big ball on the end and hum to myself, "Seventy-six trombones led the big parade..."

Nor would I pull out a box of new things just to hear her say over and over, "This...this...this..this" because I find it so funny.

I would never do dying projects in my washer when there are piles of laundry to do. And I definitely did not say a bad word when one of my projects did not turn out just like I had planned. And don't even think that I'm already creating a story to tell my husband about this when he gets home so he won't a) laugh at me or b) shake his head and say, "Coco Bamboo...did you need to do that today?"

I certainly didn't take today to once again reinforce the idea that this is Cookie and the only kind of Cookie we know around here. He is not a monster. He is just a Cookie. The only kind of cookie.
I also did not remind Georgia for the 104th time that when we go on the airplane next week at 12:30 am, that we will go night-night.
I did not just think, "How can it POSSIBLY be time to make dinner AGAIN?"
Nope. Not me.

No comments: