June 25, 2009

Sweet 16

When Georgia woke up from her nap this afternoon, we had a little surprise for her!

After all, how could we let her Sweet 16 months go by without a little fuss?!?

She wasn't sure at first, and shook her head that she didn't like her cake at first, but she quickly got into it : )

And had a great time feeding us her cake!

It's so hard to believe Georgia is all of 16 months already. I've loved every age and stage but she is so much FUN right now that I bask in all she is.

She has a few "new" things...

She practices the words she knows...sometimes out of context. At dinner she was chattering to herself and said, "Bye-bye Da-da love ya." She loves, loves, LOVES her Daddy. She greets him in an octave higher than normal. I told him I was that happy to see him too and I could take it up a notch if need be.

She brings him his shoes (the one pair he wears everywhere...oh, the simple life) several times a day. I think it's more of her new I-know-where-this-goes-and-I'll-put-it-there mindset than get outta here, man!

We do spend a lot of time picking things up. Especially after eating. She's a tray swiper when she's done so I'm working with her to pick up the things she's thrown onto the floor. She loves to take her diapers to the trash. I say, let her be a part of that dirty work and maybe we'll be potty training sooner rather than later!

We are leaving tonight to head home to the midwest and I've brainwashed her. I've been telling her for a week, "When we get on the airplane, we go night-night." I've said this so many times, the mere mention of airplane gets a "nigh-nigh" response. Good girl! Let's hope it works for the red-eye flight!

No comments: