This is a picture of real life for us. The baby gear is out. The kid stuff is everywhere. The Honey Girls are hanging together. The still warm afternoons mean a laptop Dora or Caillou break is a blessing to all.
We are very happy with our 1 DVD at home, unlimited watch instantly Netflix. The length of shows are perfect for G and let us control what she sees and when. We're not much for tv and we're multiple seasons behind on any series, but we love that it remembers where you stopped and especially love not being beholden to a network schedule. Currently we are watching Hoarders Season 1. Let me just say that's not a good idea for a very pregnant woman. After the first episode, I got up and cleaned out and reorganized Georgia's dresser. Never mind the fact she was sleeping four feet away. Or that it was 11 o'clock at night. It was nesting kicked into the highest gear.
We've continued to stay active in these the last days of Team Gusy: Size 3. Friday night we went to the Overland Park 1st Annual Hot Air Balloon Fest. I heart hot air balloons and someday will rise to the blue sky in one and wave at Noah below since he won't get in the basket with me.
We ran errands in the afternoon and purposefully arrived in time for the mass accession with plans to head out and eat dinner at home about 7. However, the winds were strong and the launch was delayed. Georgia started saying she was hungry and I wasn't about to feed her funnel cake and fries so I sent her on a walk with her daddy. I wasn't sure we would last til the wind died down but suddenly they did. We got to watch a dozen balloons launch and we clapped for each one.
Saturday our church had its annual children's carnival. It was our first carnival experience--both of the church's variety and carnival in general. SO fun! Everything was free and it was such a joy to mill about, say hello to people, and watch Georgia froth at the mouth in joy. She got to ride a pony! It was hot and we lasted two hours before retreating on our cotton candy high.
On a side note, we talked about the carnival a lot before going and what to expect. Georgia had cotton candy a few weeks ago at Pops in the Park, thanks to her Uncle Daniel, and I knew they'd be having this traditional fare at church. She was so sweet in asking me, "You have cotton candy? It gluten free?" I was happy to tell her it is and I would! Pretty sure the only ingredient in cotton candy is SUGAR!
Since the weekend, we've continued to tackle small projects while waiting for baby action. We borrowed a swing from Noah's sister and are interested to see how it makes newborn life. We didn't have one with Georgia and in general I think it's probably better if our baby doesn't spend a whole lot of time in it, but I'm a realist and I think we'll need a safe, soothing place to stash him at times!
Anyway, one of the buckles was missing a piece and being the ubber cautious parents we are and the size of our children, I wanted to fix it. Fix it meaning jiggle the buckles out (Noah's job), me constructing a new two sided belting from the pattern of the existing one (Noah checked my work, because, honestly, pregnancy brain is r-e-a-l), and then finally my mom sewing the straps just at the right place to replace them so they catch on the backside of the seat (something I could have done, but again, pregnancy brain made that a job to be delegated to protect my $10 in supplies investment). It looks awesome and is ready for lots of swinging!
Tomorrow is the due date and I'm looking out at that almost full moon and hoping there is something gravitational that will work in my favor in the next few days.
September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I keep checking for news! I will say that having the new baby makes things different, but still wonderful. We've only had a couple of jealous moments and the weather has been in our favor for going outside some. I can't wait to meet baby boy! /in fact, I have a gift for him if we ever see each other :)
Post a Comment