September 16, 2010

A little more ready each day

We're ready for Baby Boy to come anytime now, but each day means a few more things get done that make us more ready. Not sure you can really prepare for the amazingly vicious breastfed baby exhausted parent schedule but we're trying!

With contractions off and on for two weeks before Georgia's birth, and two loving people watching me like hawks (to the point I eventually had to kick them out for a bit of independence), I grew weary and never wanted to start anything for fear of getting interrupted. I rested a lot but later felt I learned the hard way that was wasting time!

It has helped a great deal that this time around we have a busy built in distraction named Georgia. I appreciate her need for continuity and routine as it takes the focus off me. We squeeze in nesting and baby prep in between doing puzzles, spinning like ballerinas, watching Dora, and playing with Honey Girl the babydoll.

I keep coming up with things we need to do and each time we finish a task it feels like we are so much more ready. Noah moved carseats and installed baby bucket bases. All the gear--bouncer, jungle gym, changing pad, etc.--is out of boxes and put together. We finished the cradle bedding and brought it upstairs. We spent a lot of time rearranging our room and preparing it to accomodate middle of the night feedings, including putting lower watt light bulbs in so the parent not up can sleep better.

Georgia, of course, has been very happy to inspect and let Honey Girl make use of all the goods.

We are using a diaper bag backpack that was Noah's daddy bag with a new MU diaper wallet and organizer bag I made. Showing a little team spirit...especially important after I realized his bedding colors are...KU colors. Eek!

I finished a second diaper wallet and organizer bag to use in a denim bag we used as Georgia's daycare bag. It will be my mom-of-two-everything-fits-in-it bag for when I venture out on my own with them both.

That's be after the new year, I'm thinking.

No comments: