September 26, 2010

Still due

I'm still due! I don't like thinking I'm overdue because an estimated due date is just that--an estimate of when a woman's body will be ready to birth. Apparently the estimate fell a bit short this time! But don't worry, I'm not like milk that will sour or a bomb that will explode!

I have to chuckle because I've gone past several significant dates and shifts in the earth. Past the moved up due date of Wednesday, past the orginial due date of Friday. Those dates sandwiched the autumnal equinox and past the full moon--known baby bringers! But not mine.

Thursday the midwife was "shocked" to find my cervix not dilated at all. Rare for second time moms. Like Georgia, I've always thought he'd be right on time but last week my intuition began telling me he's not ready to be born. The midwife told me it's awesome how in tune I am with my body and we'll let Baby Boy keep thriving in the womb until he initiates things. Did you know they do?! Yes, mm-hmm! Babies send chemical messages to the mama's body that it's time to be born.

Of course, they are keeping tabs on him should interventions become necessary, but right now I'm a great baby maker and a poor candidate for intervention. Somehow that news on Thursday just sent me into cool cucumber, la-la land. Knowing for certain my body isn't ready and my baby is content has brought on a lovely wave of contentment in me. Noah says I'm amazingly happy and I must say I feel peaceful and calm. Fall is my favorite season and this cooler weather is amazing is so enjoyable. I won't ever get these days back so I'm going to soak them all up.

No comments: