We did get out of Portland! After we loaded the car, loaded the baby, and put (legally required) chains on our Jeep I told Noah I didn't really care where we went so long as he did make us come back home. I think being snowed in was getting to me just a tad!
Traveling is always an experience, but the only blip in our travel was sitting on the plane at the gate for about an hour and a half waiting to be de-iced. Thankfully the man sitting with us was very understanding and interested in Georgia....this man was Noah's dad/Opa who was able to get on our earlier and direct flight. Yea for Southwest!
It's been a whirlwind since. Tonight we successfully completed our fifth and final family Christmas. Not bad for being on Missouri/Kansas soil for six days!
Georgia has been the ultimate team player...having been shuffled around to Overland Park, around Kansas City, up to Rock Port, and down to Springfield. We are almost done with the big car travel! I'm afraid to count the number of places she's woken up...oh, what the heck...I'm up to a dozen and a half and going to stop right after I admit that our daughter has finally bonded with an object out of pure desperation for some common denominator to waking up. Yea for baby doll Elyse!
As always, being with our friends and family makes us know we are incredibly blessed and loved and that puts us in a good place to start the new year. To 2009!
1 comment:
Glad you had a good visit home. Too bad we missed seeing you while you were here. We would have loved catching up and also meeting Georgia!
Post a Comment