The weather people got it right. The last week or so have been a mess. They even gave it a cold name: Artic Blast 2008. I think we are heading into our fourth storm in about 10 days. We are just saying our prayers that we'll get out of here on Christmas Eve morning and make it to Missouri for Christmas. You feel free to join us, ok?
Right now there is 14" on the ground and another 3-5" coming today. This is all new since Friday night when it has all but disappeared! All I can say is I'm grateful Noah has had trouble parting with his beloved but nevertheless not baby friendly Jeep, because it is our saving grace in this mess. Have Jeep Will Travel...that's his motto!
Schools were out ALL of last week...I'm trying not to think about mid-June...ekk! But never fear, the Gusys have made the most of staying home! Georgia has double ear infections and Mama has been battling a cold so home was the best place for us. Unfortunately this means Georgia has only experienced the snow through the window, but she has enjoyed banging on it immensely as well as watching the birds we have adopted with our generous spread of birdseed.
But the electricity is on and we are thankful to be on the mend, in the warm, and for our new BFF's (the weatherpeople who we've watched almost non-stop since Saturday, December 13th!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment