We stopped by to see Daddy and to pick our tree. I did the gandering as the helpful crew of Daddy, Daddy's boss, and two of Daddy's crew stood by to help cut down (off a rope, not the trunk). Not that it would take that many people to get the tree down, but it makes this story all the better! I narrowed it down to two.
"Georgia, should we get this tree (pointing to tree #1) or that tree (pointing to tree #2)?"
My sweet girl looked at tree #1 and tree #2 and then took her little finger and pointed at third tree and said, "Dat."
We all looked at each other in disbelief. This was one of the very first times she pointed (now she's a professional pointer) and to mimic in declaration about did me in. It wasn't the greatest looking tree but we were willing to give it a loving home since it was Georgia's pick.
She helped unload the Christmas tubs...
...and stayed up long enough to put her two ornaments on the tree before going to bed.Her ornament this year is a Hallmark snowman that moves side to side and looks so jolly. When I saw it on the wall I knew we found the perfect one (finally!). I turned the box over and laughed...it was designed by Ken Crow...whose former basement workshop became Grammy's sewing room when she bought her house from Mr. Crow himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment