December 23, 2008

Getting Hopeful!

Things are looking better in the metro today. Planes are leaving, the MAX is moving, and there is pavement visible on the traffic cameras. I am getting hopeful...and need to get finished with my packing.

The forecast is for 1-3" of new snow tomorrow, so please pray that snow arrives after 10 am so we can get out of here before it arrives.

We are hoping to leave home by 6 am tomorrow. That should be oodles of time, but we just don't want to be rushed on the drive there or stressed during our dash. Right or just plain nuts the Gusys stick together so we will do curbside baggage check then drive back out to park then ride the shuttle back in together. Security isn't too bad with a Southwest card because you get to go in the "quick" line. I always dread traveling with Noah just a tad because the boy has to about strip naked to make it through security without setting it off. I suspect he has a small piece of metal within him because combined with anything on his person, and I mean anything like a rivet on his jeans, it'll go off. Thankfully he has just accepted this and is quick about the shoes, the belt, makes better pant choices beforehand, etc.

I'm going to Moby wrap Georgia instead of ring sling 'er (sorry, couldn't help it) because the sling has metal rings. I can wear her through security and have my hands free. She's getting heavy so I haven 't been Moby'ing her of late, but I tucked her in it several times this last week to get her readjusted. She doesn't mind as long as she can face out.

I have been instructed to stalk the Southwest site in order to get A boarding passes. They have changed their Family Boarding Policy and relegated babes to B's automatically unless you can get an A pass on your own. I had every intention of giving Southwest a piece of my mind about this after we flew this summer, but right now I just want a seat and I don't care when I board so long as I do! But...my husband gave me very specific instructions and I'm all set with info entered and just have to hit "retrieve reservation" at 10:05 exactly. Best get my finger ready...

1 comment:

Justin and Ashley plus Baby said...

It was so good seeing you guys!!! Your little girl is just too cute!!!