I came to say sure enough it is BAAAAAAD out there! I know this because I left the house--on foot--for the first time since Friday night...and I am amazed.
This is our 2 wheel drive, not much good to use (and for sale, should you want it) truck and my Camry completely covered! Mind you there was ZERO snow left on Friday night (remember, that's the last time I went out like a normal person before my trip tonight, which I'll get to) and it hasn't snowed since yesterday.This beauty is THE JEEP! Noah's baby boy. Love of his live, yada yada...but I'm lovin' it too now!
Here's our little walker! Nope...have not captured it yet...it's rather fleeting when it happens! I called Noah from my walk tonight and he said she was walking while holding his hand. I told him to knock her down, I mean knock it off until I could be home to watch.
My trip: a big walk to get the mail and walk to the store, any store that was open and would take some money from me! I had to get out of the house. I knew that was true when my husband returned from work and encouraged me to leave the house for a bit to walk around. I caught the mailman as he was pulling out...grateful he would be able to mail my Netflicks for me...and then watched him struggle to get going again and felt terrible as he fishtailed and burned rubber for a good 100 feet. At this point I'll be gone before new movies can arrive...
I went to Walgreens, which was oddly like visiting the North Pole with all its bright colors, full shelves, and fantastic things that I was just sure I needed. I pondered for a bit at the cheap baby shirts...lingering over the "What Happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" shirt thinking surely that would bring a laugh. I checked all the magazine covers...nothing worth reporting, but I did find a SHAM-WOW box that made me want to spill something in the aisle and test it out. I did not (mostly because I could hear Noah's voice in one ear and my mom's in the other). I dabbled in the travel size section hoping I'll need a little toothpaste, little shower gel, and quart sized bags. Then I looked up and saw the TaLLesT couple I've ever seen in my life. I swear the lady's boots came up to my thighs! I decided it was time to leave.
On the way home I stopped to get some Chinese take-out. We tried last night and they were closed so I was extremely excited to see the OPEN sign beaconing to me personally to come gather some warm food for my walk home.
Then I came home and told Noah we should probably head for the airport RIGHT NOW!!!! Say your prayers! We are supposed to leave mid-morning on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment