Here's our Bug at 4 months and now 5 months in the onesie. Next month might be the last time it snaps closed! She's hovering around the 17 lb. mark and getting rather heavy to be toting around.
5 months has been a developmental explosion. She can sit up by herself. She got her first tooth and now here it is a week later and a second one is popping through. She plays like a puppy. She is full go on rice cereal, loves avocado and banana, and starting plums tomorrow. She loves to grab the spoon and tries to feed herself. Bottles are hers to hold, thanks for offering help, but she can do, our little-miss-independent. Rolling over is mastered and she's trying to sit up while on her back. She's coy and funny and has the best laugh. Quite simply: she's amazing.
We are signing to her. The very first time I signed mom to her we did a back and forth three times where I showed her and she signed back. Although I'd love to believe it is a sign of brillance, I know she is just imitating me; but nevertheless, a great start. Jesse, Raina, and Esme have been the best teachers for signing (much much more helpful than books!). Our vocabulary now includes: mom, dad, milk, pacifier, cereal, banana, food, more, finished, change, diaper, funny, beautiful, girl, boy, bath, sleep, and time. I took a language acquisition class last summer so I know learning to communicate is a huge developmental process and I'm excited signing will help us all understand each other more. I'm guessing her first "sentence" will be more + food!
No comments:
Post a Comment