July 17, 2008

A Tooth! First Meal Tomorrow!

We're getting ready to watch a movie (it is a well deserved break) but I just had to tell you that Georgia is cutting her first tooth!

She woke up at 5:30 this morning WIDE AWAKE. I wasn't sure why until she was enjoying my finger and I felt something sharp! She doesn't seem to be in too much pain but is chewing on every teething toy we have. I'm going to try to keep her well rested because oversleepy + teething = ugh.

She will also be enjoying her first meal (really? no! a spoonful plus liquid) of rice cereal tomorrow. I've been coming to the realization she wasn't going to make it to 6 months on breastmilk alone, but I was trying to hold out despite the signals she's been radiating. I talked to the lactation consultant today and my mom who both said go for it. I'll tell you about the Super Baby Food gig I'm going to attempt, but later.


Friday: We had a little cereal this morning! For all my best laid plans, it was still a mess and a learning process for us both. At first it was too thick, but I thinned it more then she got it after a few spoonfuls and started swallowing. By the end was mmm-ing and looking for more.
And we'd like to send a special shout-out to the new Jolie-Pitt puppies, I mean babies. (Did you read my post about 101 Dalamations?). My mom pointed out to me that for her 10 lbs. of baby, Angelina got 2 babies. I would have been offended, but I had already thought of that myself! Maybe we can meet these famous babes when we are in Springfield next month?!?

No comments: