Hello! Hello! Have you ever seen a pink lion?
I really should be tackling the avocado stains and straightening up around here, but soaking the clothes in baby oxyclean for a little bit longer certainly won't hurt and I like a mad dash of picking up anyway!
I am endeavoring to feed Georgia with the guidance of a book by Ruth Yaron called Super Baby Food. It was recommended to me by our Health/PE teacher at school and so far I dig it. I like the common sense, economical, and healthy suggestions for feeding a baby. Here are my first fruits of cooking, pureeing, ice-cube traying, and getting ready to store in the freezer. Yes, I did take a picture. I was that proud. The beauty is you can actually tell which is which! She's starting with avocado, prunes, plums, and bananas.
Eating is going well. Georgia is very into food. She's like the hungry little puppy who watches every bite someone puts into his/her mouth! She likes to take the spoon and can put it in her mouth--without food at this point, of course.
Our friends from Montana, Jesse and Raina, are visiting us along with their beautiful daughter, Esme. We first met Esme when she was 2 and she's about to turn 6 so that growth and transformation is unbelievable! She is funny and quite a conversationalist now. She's also a big help! She loves to big out Georgia's clothes and help her dress. She likes to help feed her. And she's teaching us some baby appropriate sign language. Esme is a sign expert! She has her "ears" with cochlear implants, but as a deaf child, learned to sign as a baby and is a great teacher now!
Avocados have been a hilarious mess this week. To test for food allergies, Super Baby Foods calls for only one food to be introduced for a minimum of 4 days and a maximum of 7 days. Georgia is on day 4 of avocados and we are moving on to bananas. I need a break. Here's why.
Esme, as an inquisitive young mind, really wanted to know when Georgia was going to poop. I told her I'd be sure to tell her when I saw the signs. Well, let me just say my daughter didn't disappoint and Esme has a hillarious story to tell. I'll spare you the details but it involved these things: three diapers, 15 minutes, avocado green, and a 5 year old doubled over in laughter.
As if that wasn't enough....I left Noah last night (only 2 more weeks of grad school!) with instructions to feed Georgia the 2 teaspoons of avocado I had defrosted. Raina left also, so it was the guys and their girls. From the cargnage I saw (clothes and rags) and the story Esme told me when I got back, absolutely zero of the avocado made it into the baby, and it was a mess. Mea culpa...it was Noah's first day feeding Georgia and really, avocado isn't a great starter for a daddy. But do you think it surprised me that together he and Jesse decided Georgia didn't need a bib? The laundry beckons...
No comments:
Post a Comment