July 31, 2008

Can it possibly be AUGUST?

This is the calendar turn that is always bittersweet. Our annual trip to MO means we want this month to come, but it also means only a few more weeks before heading back to work.


But let's not dwell on that because we've had a great whirlwind week.


Jesse, Raina, and Esme headed back to Montana. I had withdrawl for several days. They are the very definition of great friends and we are so blessed to have them. We love you. We miss you. Come back soon!

In the midst of trying to finish up my MAT project, our computer and printer have been causing difficulties. I can't wait to get back to school and discuss this with my students. We always do an extended study of irony and their world is forever changed by this concept. We find irony everywhere we look...one of my all time favorites is a local Chinese resturant whose delivery vehicle has CAT as part of the license plate. You can't make this kind of stuff up! But I want to discuss this problem with them because I did expect something to go wrong in the production of my project and it was no surprise that it was the printer...so is it really irony?

Noah has been online reading up on how to fix it (hub overload something with the USB ports...power surge...yada yada) and only been finding that he has a lot of company out there but no one has answers. He finally disabled something and now we can print, but our digital card is not reading. So no new pictures. Which is a shame, because I've got some great ones and a hillarious video of Georgia blowing raspberries to entertain herself.

We celebrated our 3rd annivesary this week. We celebrated early and late since I was working on my project and/or in class most of the 30th. Thank you to all who remembered us. I particularly enjoyed the phone call for Captain Trouble. What would my life be without a big brother? Thank you also to my friend Mary who has not only helped me a great deal with my project as she is working on her own, but even offered to watch Georgia so we could go on an anniversary date : )

I know you've probably been hitting the blog and thinking to yourself, dang, they better start feeding that baby or she'll waste away. Oh, you didn't? That makes me feel better because I didn't realize she was hungry either. I decided to introduce one bottle of formula a day to make sure she was getting enough iron. Then there was some miscommunication one afternoon about feeding Georgia so after I had breastfed her, Noah bottle fed her. She ate happily and after that big feast we immediately noticed we had a more satisfied baby. Hmm! With formula to supplement, she's sleeping better and longer and less fussy. It's pretty hillarious to watch her react to a bottle coming her way....she gets a huge grin on her face and starts rocking back and forth in excitment and reaches for it.

I have to give kuddos to retailers for their flexible returns with formula. Target has not been on my good list for some time now but they made a come back this week. As all parents know finding the right formula can be difficult and once you find one, it is a risk to switch. We first used the Enfamil samples we received in the mail then tried Similac with a rebate check we had received in the mail. (How they know a baby is joining the household I'm not sure, but it is amazing what starts coming in.) Similac happened for about 36 hours before Noah and I looked at each other and declared it was not working and we wanted our happy baby back. We took a late night family trip to our friendly 24 hour Walgreens where they told us had we purchased the formula there, we could return it for a refund. The next day I decided to call Target and drop this competitor information, to which they responded, bring it in. With the receipt of course. Always save the receipt.

Now happily fed on breastmilk, formula, and a short list of tried foods, Georgia is really starting to show some independence and will. She wants what she wants and gets frustrated when she can't reach it or move to it. She loves remotes, keys, cameras, spoons, and bowls. Of course, everything goes in the mouth. That is the weirdest thing to m. There is no discernment whatsoever. Yesterday she tried to get a wood toy that was easily 2 ft x 3 ft to her mouth. (This was at a visit to our midwives yesterday. They deemed Georgia very rewarding for her huge grins and expressiveness.)

Crawling cannot be far off with the look of determination she is sporting this week. That and the booty up in the air when she's on her tum-tum!

No comments: