Someone once explained to me that having a child would mean my heart would forever be walking around outside of my body. I remember thinking...mmm, that sounds rather intense, possibly painful. Well, now here I am with a child and I think it
is intense and
is strangely painful, possibly the most bizarre condition a person could be in. There has to be a better word for this, but all I can come up with is bittersweet. After all, my heart is right now sleeping in her crib. And now my heart is awake. Maybe bittersweet is the right word. I'll have to come back to explain all the amazing things she is learning (timing yet to be mastered).
Ok, I'm back! Georgia is experiencing a skills explosion. All in about the course of a week she's mastered rolling back
and forth from back-tummy-back, started sitting up on her own for longer than a breath, figured out how to manage a sit-up-opps-face-plant-get-legs-out-from-under-body-to-tummy-I'm-fine, decided she likes to lay on her daddy's chest, is getting a tooth, had some cereal meals, started sleeping on her belly, started scooting off her play mat or blanket for more exploration, and started rocking like she's getting the idea to crawl.
My head is still spinning. And it has to, because she doesn't stay where I leave her! My heart is not only out of my body, it's on the move.

Obviously she was a little offended at my picture-taking!

It's exciting to watch her look at things right-side up!

She was knee high by the 4th of July and just keeps growing!
I had never seen this face and I've not seen it since, but it sure makes me laugh!

New favorite activity: tummy time with Daddy! He's
very happy to oblige!
2 comments:
I love that quote...and it is 100% true!
Steph T (one of Noah's friends)
Your daughter is BEA-U-TIFUL!!!!!!! It's so fun to read your blog and see how happy you are!
-Breanne Potter
Post a Comment