July 10, 2008

Rolling.......

The Gusy have been busy this week! Noah's brother Danny is getting married here this weekend, so there's been lots of fun things going on. The best is that Nana is here! She loves Georgia so much and Georgia loves her attention! She is so happy to smile and laugh and be the ham she is for Nana! She also showed Nana her tired-but-I'm-not-giving-up-and-going-to-sleep side and Nana just rocked her through it and off to sleep.
Life as we know it is changing....Georgia is no longer bouncy chair safe. I caught her turned on her belly sliding out. Although she is not mobile yet, our options are now limited to her bumbo chair (helps her sit up straight) or lying on the floor scooting around. It's exciting! But now I understand the need for baby jail!
We've had rollover! First from the belly to the back and last night the back to the belly. I almost missed it. Just caught her at the tipping point and over she went. Granted, I think her attempt became success because she was lying on a slight downward grade of the lawn, but it was a full turn nonetheless. I wanted to jump up and shout and dance, but it was in the middle of my writing group and I couldn't interrupt. Not to mention the prof was sitting with us at the time!
This exciting event was when Daddy was off playing at the dunes with the extended family, so the Gusy Girls went to class. Georgia was a jem, despite being tired. I am so thankful for my friend Mary who is fantastic with Georgia and is always up for taking care of G and did so last night while I presented my in-the-works-project (which is coming along slowly......).
We made it through class and came home for our first solo overnight. Georgia was cracking me up. She loves books! We usually read the same ones (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and 101 Dalmatians) and last night she recognized the cover of Mouse and started kicking her legs and was so excited. After I read each page, she'd say "Mmmmmm!" and then we'd move on. She really does have some smarts--she looks at the picture on the left and then the picture on the right! I called Noah and just let him listen and as we were talking, she started turning the pages like let's keep going. As a reading teacher, I just could not be more proud of her budding literacy.
Daddy should be home in a couple of hours and we are so glad! Operation Solo Mama has been just fine, but we sure miss him.
My parting thought for today will be to share with you my discovery...
Do you remember the story of 101 Dalmatians? I didn't. I didn't remember how they actually got all those puppies. So the story goes that Pongo and Perdita had 15 puppies who were puppy-napped by Cruella De Vil so she could make a coat. In total, 99 puppies were puppy-napped for the coat. When the twilight bark helped locate P & P's puppies, they realized they couldn't leave behind the others so they adopted them. Now, to me, this sounded very much like a couple I know, Brad and Angelina, so we have changed the dogs' names to Brad and Angelina. I'll give you a sample passage so you can see how true to life this really is....
"A dog-skin coat?" cried Angelina. "How cruel!"
She counted the puppies. "Brad!" she whispered. "There are ninety-nine puppies here!
"We must take them all home with us," Brad replied. "Let's go."
So...99 puppies + 2 parents = 101 Dalmatians. And so you know, Brad and Angelina let them watch television.
(Just so you know, I do use paragraphs, but blogspot often seems to disregard them and runs them together!!! Nothing I seem to do fixes it, but if you know how, let me know!)

No comments: